Saturday 26 November 2011

More work from Dartmoor!

(See below for more information on Dartmoor Arts Project)

The Key Pieces (series), Mixed Media, 30x20cm each
  I expereimented with these prints, trying to create an old document feel, to make the print into an artefact in itself. I layerd different colours and overlapped different techniques (drypoint, screenprint and monoprint).  The drypoint plate was made using an old map reading tool found in an antique shop, which became part of the piece.


A Key Piece (close up of one)


I can read you like an open book, screenprint, 16x14cm (book size)





This piece was made by screenprinting on to the pages of an old book which were then sewn back together in a way where they are all join together but can still be pulled out.  The book is an old atlas, which fits in with my theme of travel and journeys. I often go through second hand bookshops looking for old books which are relevant to my practice.  Another book I worked on while at Dartmoor was The Pilgrim's Progress!  I found this one particularly interesting and relevant.  I love working with books, whether its printing onto the pages or turning them into something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment